Google maps places result incorrect for search query

I searched for an existing Starbucks with its exact address, ‘13681 W Chinden Blvd, Boise, ID 83713’ but got a result from France. I used a limit of 1. I’m interested in knowing why this happens as accuracy is important for my application when I’m using the exact address.

Hello @asp,

The results from searches are the same as you would see by visiting a regular Google Maps site. However, in most cases, it’s important to use locations + countries inside queries (e.g., bars, NY, USA) as the IP addresses of Outscraper’s servers might be located in different countries.
Additionally, please use the region parameter (&region=US).

Could you please try my recommendations and let our support know if it’s not working perfectly after it?

Hi Vlad,

I added country inside the query, and also used the region parameter. But I still face the issue in sometimes.
NYC result in Chicago

Hi Vlad,

On another note, I’m sometimes not able to find a place, even when I pass the exact complete address, like ‘Starbucks, 1233 S Sage Dr, Cedar City, UT 84720, USA’. Tried the SAME request multiple times, sometimes I get the location, sometimes I don’t. This inconsistency is an issue for me. I have around 30 other examples where this occurred and can share the task ids if needed. Any advice on how to avoid this is appreciated.

Inconsistent starbucks behavior 1

1 Like