Question on "business_status" response

Hello!

I need to find information on the “business_status” response from the Google Maps Scraper API.

How is this value confirmed and how well can it be trusted?

Thanks!

hi @dr_soaps,

Google Maps Scraper API extracts the data the same way it’s placed on Google Maps. The business status on Google Maps (Operational, Temporarily Closed, or Permanently Closed) is determined and validated through a combination of various methods:

1. Business Owners: Business owners can directly update their status through Google My Business. They can mark their business as temporarily closed, permanently closed, or open.

2. User Reports: Google relies on input from users to keep information accurate. Users can suggest edits to business listings, including changes in business status. These suggestions go through a review process before being updated.

3. Automated Systems: Google uses automated systems and algorithms to detect changes. For instance, if a considerable number of people report a business as closed or if there is a significant drop in visitation patterns, Google’s systems might flag the listing for review.

4. Third-Party Data Sources: Google may also use information from other reliable third-party sources and databases to verify business status.

5. Google’s Own Verification Teams: In some cases, Google’s own teams may conduct manual checks to verify the status of a business.

Accuracy: The information is generally reliable, especially in areas where there is high user activity. Businesses that are actively managed through Google My Business are typically more accurate.